Sunday, December 27, 2009

When I'm using acrylic paint how do I take it off the brush?

I'm about to start painting this wooden figure and I don't know exactly everything there is to it.When I'm using acrylic paint how do I take it off the brush?
Just keep a container of water and some paper towel nearby. To get the paint off the brush simply dip in the water, swish it around a little and wipe dry on the paper towel. Make sure to lay newspaper down if you don't want to mess up the table.When I'm using acrylic paint how do I take it off the brush?
You dip it in oil I've done it before. So you dip the brush in oil
water














Steven Wolf
Rinse it off often. I like to thin acrylic out with water and a gel-paste that creates a matte image. I do not like to use acrylic retarder. You can also thin it out with gouache, which is a method I prefer. Place it on wax paper and it will be easier to keep organized. Use cheap brushes for think coatings of acrylic.
for a quick color change; Use just a little mild soap (like liquid hand soap) in a jar of warm water then dip and swirl your brush bristles to remove most of the paint from them then use a soft (cotton) cloth to dry the brush. check by bending the wet bristles slightly at the crimp with your fingers you should not see any paint residue in that area. if you do then repeat the process with a clean mixture of water and soap.


If for some reason you have let the acrylic set in your brush then you can save it with some turpintine deluted with water and hand soap, let it set in solution for about an hour then with a fine tooth brass bristle brush you can patiently clean the brush.
Just use water, but make sure you clean it well when you are done b/c it will ruin the brush if you don't.
I agree with dollsteak--just be sure you don't let it get at all dry, or you'll never get the paint out. I have a little thingee with a ';coil'; where I can keep the brushes suspended in water while I'm painting. That way you can wash them ALL out once you're through working. Sometimes if I get heavy handed, the paint gets too close to the ';nib?'; what's it called? (I've been doing this too long!) %26amp; then I use soap %26amp; water %26amp; separate the bristles to be sure I've got it all out. Some of those brushes are MIGHTY


expensive! Oh. %26amp; on your wooden figure, you might consider using the acrylic glazes, too. Not only do they make beautiful colours when mixed with the paint (for the ';glaze';) but give a nice finish, too. Hope I helped a little..





Edit: Just read the answers, Della Mae is right, %26amp; I forgot to mention after I wash the brushes, I shape the tips. PLEASE don't listen to cocodude7! Remember oil %26amp; water don't mix??





Edit: Just read a good answer from ol_sko14. Re: Benjovi--I NEVER heard of soaking brushes in the sink! Wouldn't that ruin their ';handles?';
With Water Dear Henry Wth Water
Acrylic paint is mixed with water when it's still wet. So, you can just wash out your brushes ASAP. If you let them dry, you can throw them away. Acrylic becomes permanent after it's dry. Good luck and happy holidays!
I use acrylic paint and I remove the paint with plain water. It works for me. When my brushes are clean I rub a dot of dishwashing liquid on them to keep them smooth.
acrylic paint is water based so you just wash it out. Don't let it dry on the brush otherwise you'll have to get a new one. So just wash the brush until the water comes out clear, then it is clean.
Yes, u can just dip it in some water then gently rub it against a dry


paper towel and repeat if necessary until all color washes away and


brush rubs clean on dry towel. Nothing to it. Just enjoy!
Actually it's simple as hell. Rinse your brushes in a sink under warm running water until you got most the pain out. Then fill the sink with water enough to cover the brushes, and soak them over night. Then rinse them under running water again, and hang them to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment