Sunday, December 27, 2009

How much do you charge to dog sit in your own home? I will brush daily & take on 2 long walks, 3 potty walks?

It will be for 3 wks. time, do I charge by the day, by the wk? How much? I live in SC. Most petsitters I have looked up just stop in the person's house to take the dog out. If I have the dog w/ me 24/7 do I charge less, since I am not traveling or more, as the dog gets more attention?How much do you charge to dog sit in your own home? I will brush daily %26amp; take on 2 long walks, 3 potty walks?
charge according to the time you will be spending with the dog. decide how much you want to charge per hour of your time, times how many hours a day you will be spending w the dog. if you will be paying for any dog supplies, add that 2 your bill.How much do you charge to dog sit in your own home? I will brush daily %26amp; take on 2 long walks, 3 potty walks?
i've charged $10 for cats, $12 for small dogs, and $15 for larger dogs.
How much does it cost in your area for board? Call a few veterinarians to find out what it costs to board a dog. You can then set your charges accordingly.
Personally, I would look at this as if babysitting a child. Call around some of your area daycare centers and ask their rates per hour/day.





For me, I would charge $15 per 8 hour shift, and since you're doing it 24/7 for 3 weeks, you can give the owners a discount and only charge them for two 8 hr. shifts per day, which is $30 a day. I say this because you probably aren't gonna have to buy the dog's food. If they don't provide the food, then I'd charge an extra set amount for that per week, or have them reimburse you for the food.





Have you thought about what happens if this dog tears up your carpet, furniture, etc?? You should really have some sort of written agreement with the dog owners concerning this, because if the dog does damage to your property and it's a substantial amount of damage, you don't want to be stuck with the bill of replacing carpet or furniture. Or you can just take the risk of the dog tearing up your property and then assume the costs if it happens.





Also, what if this dog gets sick while in your care? Do the owners have a vet who will let them charge a bill if you need to take the dog to the vet?? Or are they going to leave you extra money for emergencies in case you need to take the dog to the vet?? He could get hit by a car, or get sick or anything during those 3 weeks, so you really need to think this all through and speak with the owners before you take on this job.





Hope this helps!}}}}}
i would charge about $10.00 a day. And if it is a small or toy dog they need like 6 outdoor potty walks..good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment