Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What would you say is the best brush to rid a long haired dog of its shedding hair?

I see all the different kinds and brands but I don't know which one is most effective. [[She's an australian shepherd]].What would you say is the best brush to rid a long haired dog of its shedding hair?
The furminator is a great tool, but I would guess it would be difficult to use for your dog (I can't use it on my Goldens...they just have too much hair). I recommend a Mars Coat King-either a 12-blade or 18-blade for your dog's coat. It does a great job of removing undercoat on dogs with heavy coats(not for everyday brushing). Use the Coat King every 2 weeks or so, and use a slicker or pin brush for every day brushing. After brushing my dogs, I follow up with a metal comb that has ';loose'; teeth on it to pick up whatever the brush has left behind.What would you say is the best brush to rid a long haired dog of its shedding hair?
A good slicker brush,push the bristles against your hand to make sure it's not too scratchy
furminator
long hair needs a wired brush
I LOVE slicker brushes!





I usually use a rake (it's a brush!) when my dogs are blowing coat! It is AMAZING!





I also have a pin brush for final touch ups!
I know people who swear by the FURminator (however, my puppies dont have that long undercoat...so a regular combs works fine for them)
I like using an undercoat rake.
furminator
those de-shedder brushes u c on tv work.
I bought a Ferminator a while ago, it's fantastic. At the outset I was put off by the price (拢40) however it was worth it.
For my german shepard we always used this brush that was a metal teethed-loop on a wooden stick. It's sometimes called a shedding blade. Here's what it looks like:





http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js鈥?/a>





You can find them cheaper. They were our life saver with shedding. We had an all white shepard once and this was amazing with her.
buy a thinning comb-it will have razor blades great for grooming-takes out all the knots plus thins the hair without being noticeable then follow with a stiff wire brush-i have 2 thick hairs cockers and its one of the best ways i know to stay on top of hair problems in dogs
If they have sensitive skin i reccomend getting a brush with loads of little brushes but each one has a soft end so it doesn't scratch...
A Furminator. The best investment I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment