Sunday, December 27, 2009

What type of comb/brush is best for ethnic hair?

is a brush or comb better for african american hair?





i am half black and half white. my hair is relaxed and i use a flat iron to straighten it. my hair is very fragile so people tell me to use combs because brushes pull out more hair, but i think my hair looks better when i brush it...but is it really doing damage?What type of comb/brush is best for ethnic hair?
I use a bone comb and SOFT natural boar bristle brush for mineWhat type of comb/brush is best for ethnic hair?
Hi. You should avoid the brush and use a wide tooth comb. I am black, and I used a brush for years before realizing that it was slowly pulling out my hair. You might not notice the damage now, but eventually it will show, and it may be difficult to reverse. A relative of mine knew two Caucasian women with waist length hair. One had straight hair, and the other had wavy hair. Both used afro picks, not brushes, to comb through their hair to prevent damage.
A extra wide tooth comb.


I do not use brushes. They pull and stretch the hair causing it to snap off.
hahaha ETHNIC hair. we call it nappy

No comments:

Post a Comment