Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the normal age for babies to brush their teeth.?

My daughter is nearly 11 months old and when she was in the bath earlier she took her toothbrush, dipped it into a little bowl of water and started brushing her teeth then rinsing the brush back in the bowl and repeating brushing. This seems very advanced to me, not sure what other people thought?What is the normal age for babies to brush their teeth.?
Once a baby has teeth, you need to brush them. As babies get closer to their first birthday, they show an interest in doing things themselves. My son also likes to brush his own teeth since about that age. I think it's really great to show interest in a healthy habit, so I do let him do it. You will still need to help out with brushing because young children are certainly not thorough with it :)What is the normal age for babies to brush their teeth.?
I gave both my girls a little toothbrush as soon as they cut their first tooth. My first daughter cut her first tooth at 4 months. At first they just chew on it and play around. But if they watch you brush they'll get the idea. Just make sure that the toothbrush has soft bristles.
I started cleaning my kid's teeth as soon as they grew in. Kids will do it on their own because they are imitating your actions. A word to the wise, be on your best behavior in front of your children. They are very observant.
Babies start imitating very young. When my son was 11 months when the phone rang he would go to the hook and pretend to comb his hair. this is when they learn what things do. but you do have a very smart baby.
I started both of my boys, as soon as they got their first tooth. Make sure you use the children's toothpaste, that does not have fluoride in it.
Its not the age after 10 years bcoz your baby teeths will fall and after that grows you can brush teeth.
yes if she has teeth already its time for her to start brushing it doesn't really matter what age she is only if she has teeth.
well they can start brushing their teeth when they feel comfortable doing so but they should start brushing their teeth between one and two years

No comments:

Post a Comment