Friday, January 8, 2010

15 weeks pregnant and bleeding gums when I brush my teeth is this normal?

I just finished brushing my teeth, and the bleeding is really getting annoying. As soon as I start my gums are bleeding and I mean a lot. I have never had this problem before. I think I am going to have to run out and buy a whole package of toothbrushes to get through this pregnancy. Anyone else having this problem? And is this normal? Thanks15 weeks pregnant and bleeding gums when I brush my teeth is this normal?
You gain 40% more blood volume when you are pregnant, but I never had bleeding gums... I would call your DENTIST tomorrow and ask them if this is normal. Maybe you need to use different tooth paste / tooth brush. I got all of my dental work taken care of right before I got in to my 3rd trimester. Make sure nothing else is wrong please.15 weeks pregnant and bleeding gums when I brush my teeth is this normal?
Hi, I'm a dental hygienist as well as I am pregnant and bleeding gums is very common in pregnancy due to the hormone and blood flow increase. Use a soft brush, floss as often as you can stand it and if you find them swollen or painful try a salt water rinse. You may also develop a condition called a pyogenic granuloma or pregnancy tumor....its not cancerous so no worries. Its usually a redish purple colour and located in between the teeth. Often it goes away once the baby comes, but sometimes it needs to be surgecially removed. Dentists like to wait until after the baby to do this for safety and becuase it may just come back. It is important to clean your teeth as best as possible though...especially with the bleeding. Bleeding means the is an open area for bacteria to enter the blood stream and this bacteria can travel to the baby and has been known to cause premature labour. So just brush well, floss and rinse and you should be just fine. Congrats on baby!
Yes, it's normal. I got this info from babycenter.com





Swollen, tender gums that bleed when you floss or brush are a common complaint during pregnancy. They're caused by higher progesterone levels, which make your gums react more to the bacteria in plaque, and by an increased blood supply to your mouth. This so-called pregnancy gingivitis affects about half of pregnant women.





You may also develop a benign nodule on your gums that bleeds when you brush. This kind of nodule (which is relatively rare) is called a pregnancy tumor or pyogenic granuloma 鈥?scary names for something that's harmless and usually painless. Pregnancy tumors can actually pop up anywhere on your body during pregnancy, but they show up most often in the mouth.





A pregnancy tumor can grow to up to 3/4 of an inch in size and is more likely to appear in an area where you have gingivitis. Typically, it disappears after you have your baby, but if it doesn't, you'll need to have it removed. And if it causes discomfort, interferes with chewing or brushing, or starts to bleed excessively, you can have it removed while you're pregnant.
Very normal... it happened to me..





Swollen, tender gums that bleed when you floss or brush are a common complaint during pregnancy. They're caused by higher progesterone levels, which make your gums react more to the bacteria in plaque, and by an increased blood supply to your mouth. This so-called pregnancy gingivitis affects about half of pregnant women.
Yes it is normal. My gums bled with both my pregnancies. I remember goin to the dentist 4 a check up and the dentist warning me about it. I don't think there is anything you can do about it though. Hopefully it doesnt stay this bad through your whole pregnancy that would suck. Sorry I know I'm not much help good luck.
Totally normal. You are pumping blood for 2 people now and have an increased blood volume by about 50%. Bleeding gums is very common in pregnancy. Make sure you are keeping up regular visits with your dentist to make sure that your teeth and gums remain healthy.
it is very normal, no worries





it is because your hormone levels are off balance. since ';pink toothbrush'; started so early for you, you may want to schedule a cleaning for around 6 or 7 months. I had one at 7 months and it felt really good from my gum's being so swollen.
Congrats on the baby...


Switch to a soft brush.


Don't brush hard.


The baby takes Calcium


and other 'things' from you,


the bleeding gums should be a


seperate issue. Call your Dentist


and or Doctor. I wish u a very happy baby!
Yes, it is ';normal';. Some women even lose teeth! Bring it up with your doc but essentially, you are carrying more blood now in your system and so your vascular things (gums) are super...vascular. I could have formed that sentence better.
VERY normal ( don't worry at all ) it happened to me and I was freaked about it because no one ever tells you these things :) See the link below for more info and good luck with you new baby!





http://www.babycenter.com/0_bleeding-gum鈥?/a>
Its normal. But you might want to consider a check up with your dentist if you haven't had one in a while. having healthy teeth during pregnancy is really important.
Yes. Be gentle. Use soft toothbrushes. Wash them in the dishwasher from time to time.
I have the same thing, your gums become more sensitive when pregnant.
It just means you don't brush your teeth well enough.








Im kidding.





Yes its normal.
  • oil
  • numbering
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment