Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you brush your teeth?

Yeah, I know, weird question. It's just that I've been brushing my teeth Boy Scout Style (with a cup of water) and everytime I see it on tv, people just let the water run and spit out a mouthful of toothpaste foam. I don't get it. I mean, do you just bend your head over and suck up the water from the tap or what? I know it's a ridiculous question but it's been bothering me for a ridiculous amount of time and I'd like to just finally know to get it to stop bugging me.How do you brush your teeth?
I brush my teeth over the sink, just take a handfull of water and suck it up, gargle around for a few seconds and spit it out.How do you brush your teeth?
After brushing i don't rinse at all i like the flavor of my tooth pays t it is crest
I do it how you say they do on t.v., also.


I just put my t-brush under running water in intervals while brushing. I cannot keep it all contained.


I asked a similar question a while back... don't worry, it does not seem weird to me.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I'm going to type this out of my dentistry book:


(1) Bass Technique


A. Most commonly used


B. Removes plaque from shallow Sulcus


C. method


1. point bristles 45 degrees towards the gum line


2. press lightly, brush back and forth using short strokes (count to ten for each position)


3. vibrate the brush back and forth with very short strokes.


4. Continue throughout the mouth until all areas are bushed (overlap at least one tooth for each placement)


5. Anterior lingual- brush inserted vertically, brush bristles of heel or toe are placed at the sulcus and vibrated slightly


6. Occlusal surfaces- short back and forth strokes over occlusal surface
This is gonna sound weird, but I actually used to put my mouth on the sink, were the water comes out from. but now I make a cup with my hands, and well, you know the rest.
make a cup with my hands and get the water from that
quite often, just the type of toothpaste used stimulates the saliva glands and the spit mixed with the toothpaste cause the foam along with the constant putting your toothbrush under the running water and continuing brushing without spitting.


Save the spit until the very end!
i used the cup where there isn't enougth water,\\.
Running water. Use toothbrush up from gum.
Just spit it out and gargle with mouthwash.
I take out my toothbrush, put about an inch of toothpaste, brush my teeth for a minute, fill my hand up with water, put it in my mouth, gargle, and spit it out! That's all there is to it. It's a habitual thing. Nothing to be worried about. Ask you dentist. He'll help you. That's what they do. They love those knd of questions. Am I still typing?! Oops...
I spit out the toothpaste and then rinse my mouth out with a handful of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment